Recognizing Peer Reviewers
Reviewers devote enormous time and efforts to peer review process. At Elmer Press, we recognize reviewers’ contributions in the following forms to show our appreciation.
1) We provide reviewers with certificates that show reviewers have reviewed for the journal. Reviewers can request the certificate from the journal contact person;
2) We send an “Article Review Acknowledgement” email to reviewers to acknowledge their peer review contributions;
3) We verify reviewers for their peer review work on Publons so that they can record their contributions as reviewers in a validated and continuous way. Reviewers can download verified peer review record or include the peer review work in CV or biosketch;
4) For outstanding reviewers, we are looking forward to and warmly welcoming their joining the journal’s editorial board.
How to Add Your Peer Review to the Publons
Two simple ways to populate peer reviews on Publons:
1. Reviewers can instantly add peer reviews to their profiles themselves.
1) Use name and email address to register on Publons/directly, log in if already have an account. After logging in, the page of private dashboard will be available;
2) Click “Review records” on the left column, then use the “Add A REVIEW” button to add or load peer reviews;
3) Enter the journal name from Elmer Press, the date when performed the review and fill in the article title;
4) Click the “CREATE REVIEW” button;
2. Send review receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Search email inbox for “Article Review Acknowledgement” emails from us;
2) Forward those emails to email@example.com;
For details, please refer to Publons
Invitation to Join as Peer Reviewers
We are looking for motivated and capable reviewers. If you are interested to be a reviewer for Cardiology Research, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or send your CV with your research interests to this email address.
1) Name (first middle last):
2) Degree (MD, PhD, MSc, etc.):
3) Academic title (Dr., Assistant Prof, Associate Prof., Prof., etc.):
4) Work email:
5) Other email (Hotmail, Gmail, etc., if you have one):
6) Department, Institution, City, Country:
8) Areas of manuscripts you may provide peer review:
9) Recent photo (optional):
We adopt single blind model of peer review for all journals. If you want to know more about the peer review procedure of this journal, please visit the peer review process page.
Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers
Conflicts of interest: if you think you have conflicts of interest with the manuscript authors or the research/study project, you may decline the review invitaiton.
Confidentiality: the names of any individuals who have helped with the review should be included so that they are associated with the manuscript in the journal’s records and can receive due recognition for their efforts.
Peer review report: provide fair, honest, and unbiased assessment of manuscripts regardless of the nationality, religious or political beliefs, gender or other characteristics of the authors, origins of a manuscript or commercial considerations. Your report should be objective and constructive to help the authors improve their manuscripts.
Timeliness: submit your report within the proposed or mutually agreed time-frame. Inform the journal promptly if you are not able to fulfil your original agreement. If you cannot review, it will be highly appreciated if you could suggest alternative reviewers.